Please use the following checklist when applying for a new SIV application. Many denials and delays can be avoided by following below checklist.
- Have Human Resources (HR) letter showing 24 months of employment serving US government or US military.
- Have Letter of Recommendation (LOR) from a US citizen supervisor that personally knew you in Afghanistan.
- The letter of recommendation should mention the supervision dates during the period your HR letter covers. For example, the person recommending can not be your supervisor in 2012 but your employment was from 2008-2010.
- Must not be terminated, security ineligible, CI screening or polygraph failed.
- Make sure to clear or fix your background first before applying, or else you will most likely will be denied.
- Your civil documents are complete and valid.
- For example, have valid Afghan electronic passport, original and translated tazkira, nikah khat (marriage certificate), etc.
- Make sure you have valid, active email address for your US citizen supervisor.
- The embassy will need to contact supervisor to confirm the recommendation letter.
- You have followed the instructions as explained in the SIV Guide page.
If you need help with your SIV application, then visit the Help Page