If you would like to participate in the R&P Program, you must complete, sign, and return scanned copies of the following two forms:
You only need one copy of Refugee Benefits Election Form for each case. However, for each person in your case, including children, you must fill out DS-234 form.
SIV case with four family members will send:
1 Copy of Refugee Benefits Election form
1 Copy of DS-234 for each person, for total of 4 copies.
Total: 1 Refugee Benefits Election form, 4 copies of DS-234 for each person.
When should I send these forms? Should I wait for visa to be issued?
- You should complete these two forms as soon as possible while you are still waiting before your visa has been issued, or upon your arrival in the United States. You should send these forms so that they can begin processing of your case and book your travel after your visa has been issued.
- Do not wait for visa to be issued to apply for IOM!
- After your visa has been issued, send copies of the visa to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to send the forms?
- Sign the last page of the “Refugee Benefits Election Form” and scan it into PDF format.
- Fill out the DS-234 forms in desktop/laptop and save each one.
- Attach all forms in PDF format and email to: SIV@WrapsNet.org
- You will not get auto-reply. Please have patience and wait for IOM to process your case.
I got visa issued, what should I do?
After getting visa issued, if you have not already applied for the refugee benefits, then follow the above instructions to apply and include visa copy of each person in your case, including children.
If you have already applied for refugee benefits, then you only need to send your visa copies after getting issued.
How long will IOM processing take? When I will get my tickets?
Please note that IOM processing and ticket booking speed mainly depends on your own visa expiration date!
For example, if your visa expires in 30 days, then IOM will book your flight in 1 to 2 weeks. If visa expires in 6 months, then you can expect 2 to 3 months processing time.
It is very important to have patience, wait and allow IOM to process your case to book your flight tickets. IOM knows about your visa expiration date and tracks it. The priority is given to those with short visa expiration dates.
Please do not compare your case with other SIV cases since IOM processing speed will depend visa expiration dates, city selection, etc.
Note: The U.S. Department of State’s Reception and Placement (R&P) Program covers only your first 30-90 days in the United States.