Updated: June 30, 2021 – June 2021 resettlement form links updated.
Please watch the tutorial video on how to fill out the forms here: Refugee Benefits Tutorial (IOM)
If you would like to participate in the R&P Program, you must complete, sign, and return scanned copies of the following two forms:
- Refugee Benefits Election Form – June 2021 version
- Special Immigrant Visa Biodata Form (DS-234) – June 2021 version
You only need one copy of Refugee Benefits Election Form for each case. You only need to fill out one DS-234 Form for everyone in your case.
If you have more than 6 children, please make more copies of the last page and fill out your children information.
When should I send these forms? Should I wait for visa to be issued?
- You should complete these two forms as soon as possible while you are still waiting before your visa has been issued, or upon your arrival in the United States. You should send these forms so that they can begin processing of your case and book your travel after your visa has been issued.
- Do not wait for visa to be issued to apply for IOM!
- After your visa has been issued, send copies of the visa to email@example.com
Where to send the forms?
- Sign the last page of the “Refugee Benefits Election Form” and scan it into PDF format.
- Fill out the DS-234 forms in desktop/laptop and save in PDF format.
- If you already have visa issued, scan copies of visa in PDF format.
- Attach all forms and visa copies in PDF format and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You might not get auto-reply, this is normal. Please have patience and wait for IOM to process your case.
I got visa issued, what should I do?
After getting visa issued, if you have not already applied for the refugee benefits, then follow the above instructions to apply and include visa copy of each person in your case, including children.
How long will IOM processing take? When I will get my tickets?
Please note that IOM processing and ticket booking speed mainly depends on your own visa expiration date!
For example, if your visa expires in 30 days, then IOM will book your flight in 1 to 2 weeks. If visa expires in 6 months, then you can expect 2 to 4 months processing time.
It is very important to have patience, wait and allow IOM to process your case to book your flight tickets. IOM knows about your visa expiration date and tracks it. The priority is given to those with short visa expiration dates.
Please do not compare your case with other SIV cases since IOM processing speed will depend visa expiration dates, city selection, etc.
How will I be informed my flight tickets are ready?
The IOM Kabul office will call you to speak to you about your flight arrangements. Please wait patiently for IOM to call you.
How many luggage bags and how much weight can I fly with on IOM flights?
When picking up your flight tickets, the IOM Kabul office will provide you with luggage information. The luggage policy constantly changes, thus it is better to wait for IOM Kabul office to give you the latest policy. Please wait patiently for IOM to provide you this information.
Note: The U.S. Department of State’s Reception and Placement (R&P) Program covers only your first 30-90 days in the United States.
What is the IOM email address again?
IOM email address is: SIV_OPE@IOM.INT