Please visit the official Afghan SIV webpage for latest updates, instructions and information at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/special-immg-visa-afghans-employed-us-gov.html
A step-by-step guide to transfer SIV cases from U.S. Embassy Kabul to another U.S. Embassy
- Applicants waiting for COM approval do not need to transfer their case.
- Applicants waiting for Conditional Approval for their Form i-360 do not need to transfer their case.
- Only applicants with an approved I-360 (Conditional Approval) should contact NVC to have their SIV interview transferred.
Requirements for case transfer:
- Already have Conditional Approval for Form i-360.
- You can get visa and travel to another country outside Afghanistan. The visa, travel, entry and living expenses in an another country is your own responsibility. The US government can not help you with entry or visa to another third country.
- The SIV interview and cases can only be transferred to a U.S. embassy that processes Immigrant Visa (IV).
- For example, US Embassy in Tajikistan DOES NOT process immigrant visa cases. Do not transfer case to US Embassy Tajikistan!
Steps to transfer SIV case:
- Make sure you meet the above requirements.
- Make sure you already have visa, left Afghanistan and have entered another country legally.
- You will need to provide the address you are staying in another country and telephone number in another country.
Method 1 – Sending Email Request to NVC
Submit interview transfer or case transfer request to NVC using the below template:
To email address: NVCSIV@state.gov
Subject: SIV case transfer request – Full Name, Case Number
I am the principal applicant requesting to transfer my Afghan SIV case from U.S. Embassy Kabul to U.S. Embassy [Write embassy name here: Ankara, Berlin, Islamabad, Paris, etc.].
My address in Pakistan is:
This is only an example, write your own country address and phone number outside Afghanistan.
House No. 420, Ducky Bhai Road, G-10, Islamabad, 44000, Pakistan
Pakistan Telephone Number: +92 123 5555 5557
My case information is:
Principal Applicant Full Name:
Date of Birth:
Include these attachments in email:
- Scanned copy of visa of country you want the case to be transferred.
- Entry stamp on passport to show proof you have left Afghanistan and have entered the country you want the case to be transferred.
Wait about 30 to 60 days to receive confirmation email that your interview transfer was successful. Your SIV case processing will be prioritized and interview appointment made available based on embassy capacity limits and restrictions. Please have patience with interview appointment scheduling.
Method 2 – NVC Online Inquiry Form
SIV applicants whose cases are ready for embassy interview and who are interested in transferring their case to an immigrant visa processing embassy outside of Afghanistan should submit Online Public Inquiry Form:
Submit inquiry here: https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry
Steps to fill out the online inquiry form:
- Enter NVC case number or USCIS receipt number (LIN number).
- Enter Principal Applicant’s Full Name.
- Enter Principal Applicant’s Date of Birth.
- Petitioner’s Full Name: For SIV cases, enter Principal Applicant name here since the principal applicant is self-sponsoring themself for the SIV visa. If you have fiancée, marriage or sponsorship case, then enter your sponsor’s full name that lives in the US.
- Who are you? Select “Principal Applicant” if you are the principal applicant submitting this. For others, choose whichever option is appropriate for your situation.
- Enter your email address.
- Type Your Question Below:
- Write your case transfer request here using this template:
- I am the principal applicant requesting to transfer my Afghan SIV case from U.S. Embassy Kabul to U.S. Embassy [Write embassy name here: Ankara, Berlin, Islamabad, Paris, etc.].
- My current address outside Afghanistan is: (example) House No. 420, Ducky Bhai Road, G-10, Islamabad, 44000, Pakistan
- My phone number outside Afghanistan is: + Country Code Phone Number (example: +971 4 888 8888 )
- Visa copy of the country outside Afghanistan.
- Entry stamp of the country to show proof of legal entry.
- CAPTCHA Validation: Confirm you are not a robot.
- Hit “Submit” button!